What Is The Best Way To Get Motivated To Do My Homework?
Sometimes homework turns my stomach. The last thing I want to do when I come home after a long day at school is open a book. I mean really, we have been studying all day. How can the teachers expect us to get motivated to spend a few more hours studying at home? When I get feeling this way, I take a step back and think about a few things:
- If I don’t do my homework, I will feel terrible walking into class. There is nothing worse than slipping into class not prepared. You are praying that the teacher will somehow forget there was homework. Hopefully he won’t call on you because you chose not to do your lessons. Then think about the times you did your work and you walked proudly into the room and hoped you were called upon. Just remembering those feelings is enough to get me off the couch and up to my desk.
- Sometimes I have to trick myself into doing the assignment. Being the competitive person that I am, I find it easier if I make homework into a game. Maybe I see how quickly I can accomplish the task or see if I can do one task quicker than the other. I do anything to put some fun into doing the tasks that are required.
- Another thing I might do is to create a reward system for myself. If I get all of my homework done every night this week, I will beg my parents to give me money for the movies. I just have to be disciplined enough to follow through if I don’t succeed. It is all a part of growing up.
- I don’t want to let my parents down. Part of growing up and becoming an adult is doing things you don’t want to do. My parents have certain expectations about school. They expect me to achieve highly. As long as I do my part and do well in school, I am allowed to do as I please during my free time.
- I guess the best motivation to do my homework is that I don’t want to let myself down. I have certain standards that I want to live by and I know that in order to achieve, I need to do my assignments. The bottom line: I plan on doing something with my life and I am doing what is necessary to succeed. No more motivation is needed.