Eight Great Thought To Improve Your English In Middle School
If you plan to continue with your education and have a successful career in future, your English skills will be crucial in order to realize these dreams. This conclusion is drawn from research findings from many education professionals suggesting that language proficiency has a direct relationship with performance. This essentially implies that students who have better command of the language are more likely to excel in future educational/vocational efforts.
Some ideas to improve language proficiency
- Improve your spelling skills. One of the most important tasks you can focus on to improve your ability to write good essays during examinations is to improve spelling. There are many ways to do this. One of the most common is to place a new word on white board or mirror daily. Looking at it often will help you improve your spelling.
- Another useful tip especially for those who blog or often write stuff on social media is to avoid using spelling checking software. Instead, it will serve you better in the long run to sound out words while typing.
- It will also help you a lot to read often. The brain is like a machine and the more often you keep it active with essays, articles and passages, the better it becomes at learning new things; just like sponge. So, keep a good book close by make time to read daily.
- It is worth mentioning that reading is fun, but you should also keep in mind that the content you select really matters. As far as that goes celebrity/gossip/fashion magazines, often have less to offer and you stand to gain more reading business, technology or hobby related books or magazines.
- Most are the times we have books to read that can help us a great deal but we just do not make time. Force the habit of spending say 30 minutes daily reading. With time, this is bound to increase as the habit becomes more natural.
- In addition to the above methods, students with a need to improve English skills can make a habit of writing an essay i.e. once or twice a week. Of course, the essay should only come after completion of homework and any school assignments.
- Regardless of the level you are, it helps a lot to practice speaking good English. It is for this reason that you want to join clubs such as debating clubs and other groups in school that will keep you interacting as much as possible. This is also very useful in your studies as it helps you to gain skills that can be used to construct interesting and creative essays.