Answering A Popular Question: What Is The Average Time Spent On Homework
If you are asked a question about the time you spend on your homework, what would you answer? How much does it take you to cope with all your assignments? In average, students tend to estimate the time they spend on homework as several hours. Still, how much does it take you to do the tasks, not to sit over them idling about or watching birds behind your window?
What Researchers Say
Scientists, who devote their research to the problem of overloads students experience in class and at home, have estimated the time successful students spend on their tasks makes about 60-70 minutes in average. With this time spent on studying at home, they receive the highest point at the tests. Those students who spend about 80 to 100 minutes or more show much worse results at tests. At this point, it becomes clear that it does not matter how much time you spend on your tasks. It matters how you cope with them.
How to Cope with Tasks Effectively
There are several effective techniques that allow students to reduce the time they spend on their assignment, but cope with it with much more effectiveness. They are quite simple and don’t require any specific skills. If you want to be more productive with your homework, do it better and without wasting much time, you can try practicing them. Anyway, you don’t lose anything, and some self-discipline will never be out of place.
So, if you want to spend less time on studying but have more free time for resting or enjoying your hobbies, you can try doing the following:
- Plan your day and all the tasks you need to complete.
- Organize your working place and keep it in order.
- Study after having a proper rest after classes, at the moment you feel the highest workability and a boost of energy.
- Remove all the distractive items like cell phones, television. If possible, turn off your computer or, at least, close the tabs with social media and diverse instant messengers.
- Make sure that everybody knows that you are studying at a particular time, to avoid distraction of attention by your friends or family members.
- Find a proper motivation that will help you move forward and cope with the task as quickly and effectively as possible.
- Feel free to ask for help from your parents or siblings in case you don’t know or understand something in your task. Help and explanation will save you a lot of time.