10 Things You Might Not Know About The Pros And Cons Of Homework
For years students and teachers argued about this issue: is homework really necessary? Of course, students want to have free time and they don’t like to work on their assignments. At the same time, professors want to make sure that they get all the knowledge that they will need in the future. If you don’t know what side to take, read these 10 things:
- Homework does not have to be boring. When you think about assignments, you don’t have to think about something that will take hours and it will drain any energy that you have. Actually, sometimes it’s fun to work on some exercises and you can have a really good time while memorizing a song.
- Writing develops your creativity. You don’t like to write essays, but this does not mean that they are not beneficial for you. As a matter of fact, it is proved that the more you write, the more you use your imagination.
- You improve your memory. You barely memorize anything in class, because the classes are short and there is a lot of information. If you don’t read this information at home, you will never work on your memory and soon enough it will be difficult o remember even your favorite song.
- You should not receive homework in vacation. And this is not just a statement, but it’s a law in many countries. Students should have the chance to relax without thinking about study.
- It is a great way to find out what you want to do in life. How can you know what career you want to follow if you don’t know anything about that niche? Assignments help you get knowledge about different things and jobs.
- It teachers children responsibility. You can’t ask a 10 years old to clean the house, but you can ask him to finish his essay.
- It improves your vocabulary. A good vocabulary is a sign of intelligence, so it’s always great to learn new words and how to use them.
- It helps you study for tests. You take tests very often, and to solve them you must use the information that you memorize at home.
- It can bring you a new passion. Who knows, maybe you will discover that you like drawing right after you finish a drawing for your biology assignment.
- It can stress the students. This is maybe one of the biggest disadvantages; many children are scared to go to school if they did not complete their essays.